My serger has been my nemesis ever since its arrival in December. I muddled my way through threading it the first time, and all those knobs and threads were overwhelming! I finally got it “working,” but the bottom side was always very loopy.
Today I took the beast out of its cage (okay, just a flannel Star Wars scrap of a covering) and decided to master it. Two seconds in, three of the threads broke. Argh!
A few choice words later, I realized I would have to rethread the entire machine. From scratch. Using this tiny diagram:
Then it was at least threaded, but I had to play with the tensions. My old-school Singer book wasn’t much help, but I ended up with a tension of four across the board.