Colette Hazel: Progress Report

I decided to shelf my Colette Lily in favor of something with more manageable adjustments. I bought the digital copy of Colette Hazel and wow did that involve a lot of cutting and taping! The good: I can print it as many times as I need to, and I don’t have to worry about ruining anything if I want to cut a particular size, also the printer paper is nice and sturdy. The bad: cutting and taping.

I started by making a muslin of one half of the front bodice and looked to see where I needed to add. After several rounds of tracing the pattern, altering, and then doing it again with a few tweaks, the bodice adjustments are complete! Here’s Norma Jean modeling the bodice:

20120608-215230.jpg

20120608-215248.jpg
I think I may have to lengthen the bust pleats, they look a bit pointy.

In all, because of my bust, I had to:
Add three inches to width of side front bodice
Add one inch to center back pieces
Add approximately two and five eighths inches to height of front bodice (center and side bodice pieces)
Add width to front and back facing pieces.

Hey, at least I don’t have to tweak the straps or skirt! Then I might never finish!

Happy sewing,
Skylar

Advertisements

About skylarchastain

I am a fifth grade math and science teacher. In my spare time I love to sew and create my own patterns. I'm trying to branch out into tutorials as well. I live in Texas with my husband Eric and our kitties.
This entry was posted in Sewing Projects and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s