My fellow blogger Sewmuchchoice has included me in a Q and A exercise along with eleven others. The challenge is to answer her questions, then create my own to ask of twelve others.
Here are my answers:
1) What age did you start crafting?
I can’t remember when I first started sewing, so I will go with FACS class in middle school. I’ve always been drawn to the crafty side of life, but since getting married and having a room dedicated to crafts, I’ve definitely upgraded my passion.
2) What made you get into crafting?
The feeling you get when you’ve taken supplies and created something is amazing. I love to give gifts, and I almost always give away what I make.
3) What do you do to relax?
Lately I’ve been watching Dr. Who with my husband and our cats. Honestly though, spending time each day in my craft room is how I unwind from spending all day with ten and eleven year olds.
4) What would your superpower be?
my students would say telepathy, because I know what they’re going to do before they even try it.
5) What made you decide to start blogging?
I used to write a lot, and I like being able to share my sewing ideas with others. I’ve received so much inspiration from other bloggers, I can only hope to pay it forward.
6) What do you look forward to?
The weekends! Time to recharge as a teacher, and I try to have a goal for every weekend.
7) What do you like to make for other people?
Wallets and makeup bags. I’ve been on a big makeup bag kick since I developed my own pattern.
8) What do you like to make for yourself?
Purses. It’s the easiest way to let people know what I do – by carrying it around with me everywhere.
9) Where is your favourite place?
My sewing room! It’s my own special place that I can do whatever I want. Even if that means painting the room coral and some days I love it, some days I hate it, but it’s all mine.
10) If you could be doing anything now…what would you be doing?
Sewing a present for someone. I love deciding on a project based on the person it’s going to.
11) What are you proud of?
My husband, my students, and our six kitties. We’re kind of crazy cat people.
12) What are you most thankful for?
At the end of the day, I have a job, hobby, and kitties I love. I know that I have friends who would move mountains for me and I for them. I know that no matter what crazy things may happen (and they have), I have a fantastic support system.
Here are the twelve people I would like to ask questions of:
Maranda Lee from Just Cut the Scrap
Hillery from Handmake My Life
Julia from Thread Carefully
Lee from Lee Sew Junkie
Salma from Beautifully Sewn
Ashlee from My So Called Crafty Life
Little Purple Stocking
Christina from lovetopaint01
Stephanie from Crafty Ninja
Julia from Jeeze, Julia!
And here are your questions:
1) What is your favorite crafting medium?
2) How often do you craft?
3) Who do you lean on for support?
4) What is your favorite thing to make for others?
5) What is your favorite thing to make for yourself?
6) When did your craft become a major part of your life?
7) Why do you blog?
8) Who are you trying to reach with your blog?
9) What is a craft you’ve never tried but would like to learn?
10) Where do you craft?
11) Who is your biggest fan? (moms count!)
12) What blog do you find most helpful in your crafting adventures?
I hope these questions make you think – answering mine really brightened up my weekend!
Happy sewing (or whatever your craft may be!),