I’ve been meaning to set some manageable sewing goals for 2012. It took a while to gather my thoughts (also I accidentally deleted the first draft and cursed in fury) but here they are.
1. Sew something I can wear, like a skirt. It’s been quite a few years since I’ve done garment construction so I will probably stick with something basic, like a skirt.
2. Make a stuffed animal. I found a cute whale pattern on Etsy, so this may be quite soon.
3. Add items to my Etsy shop. I have some stock ready to go, but I haven’t yet taken the plunge.
4. I signed up for a Craftsy course on Upcycling, so I intend to make use of some old clothes that don’t fit (or were accidentally felted in the wash…)
5. Sew something daily. I’ve been working on this one for a few weeks, and sometimes it’s just picking fabrics for a project, or cutting, or sweeping up after a project, but I enjoy my daily retreat into my craft room.
Do you have any sewing goals? I would love to hear about them. Let’s inspire each other to sewing greatness!